Manufacturing Facility, Anderson, IN
Decommissioning & Restoration
This project consisted of the purchase, environmental decommissioning
and dismantling of the approximately 2,300,000 square feet
of the existing GM manufacturing facility located in Anderson,
Indiana including a two-story office complex, a five-story
powerhouse and an 85 feet tall stacker building to 4’-0”
below existing grade.
|Work Performed: demolition,
environmental decommissioning, asbestos abatement, restoration,
Included in the scope of work was the removal and recycling of all
exterior concrete and asphalt totaling over a 1,000,000 square feet
of hard surfacing. North American Dismantling was responsible for
developing a site specific construction storm water pollution prevention
program the included the grading, topsoil and seeding of the 91
acres effected by the demolition.
The building demolition consisted of:Removal of 2,300,000.00 sf
of buildings including substructures to 4’-0” below
- Processing of 120,000 cubic yards of demolition
hard fill to 21AA specifications;
- Processing over 40,000 Tons of Ferrous Material;
- Processing over 1,500,000 lbs of Non-Ferrous;
- Major sales of usable process and electrical equipment.
The site work consisted of:
- Preparing and instituting Site Specific a Construction
Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan; a Soil Erosion Control
Plan; and a Fugitive Dust Control Plan.
- Removal of 1,000,000 square feet of hard surfacing
including concrete and asphalt drives and parking including fencing,
guard rail, light poles, bumpers and bollards;
- Processing of 20,000 cubic yards of demolition
hard fill to a 21AA specification;
- Backfilling and regarding of 100,000 Tons of processed
- Transporting and disposal of 150,000 Tons of processed
- Providing and placement of 50,000 cubic yards
of topsoil and seeding of approximately 91 acres.
The environmental work consisted of:
- Removal of all hazardous, regulated and toxic materials
including PCBs, asbestos, mercury, railroad ties, lead paint,
radioactive devices, battery charging stations, batteries, lighting,
air pollution control devices, sweets, cathode ray tubes (CRTs)
- Segregating, removing, handling, packaging and
transporting of 20,000 tons of environmentally impacted concrete.
North American Dismantling completed this project within its specified
budget and 2 months ahead of its anticipated completion.
Contact us for more detailed
information on your project.