Interior strip out of power plant. Facility to be used as a recreation center for Beloit College.
- Maintain groundwater and building seepage throughout the duration of the project.
- Obtain all applicable demolition permits.
- Removal of Unit 3&4 boilers/ turbines.
- Removal of non-structural steel. Provide associated engineering plans.
- Protection of architectural items to remain.
- Coal handling outbuilding and foundation demo to 2′ below grade.
- Precipitator structure and foundation demo to 2′ below grade.
- Filling and abandonment of circulating water intake and discharge structures.
- Clean and remove tanks and associated supports, piping, anchoring devices, and appurtenances.
- Cover openings in the exterior of the building created by deconstruction with a weather-tight barrier.
- Perimeter concrete fence removal.
- Drain, flush and cap small diameter underground utility lines for in-place abandonment.
- Fill all trenches, holes, pits, or other depressions with flowable fill.
- Cap and fill large diameter water discharge piping with flowable fill.
- Cut, cap, and fill circulating water pumps and partial piping with flowable fill.
- Backfill excavations with granular fill material.
- Install clean crushed concrete or aggregate environmental contact cap over the coal yard.
- Conduct final site restoration of the exterior demolition areas and coal yard.
- Removal of sheet pile wing wall in the river.
- Installation and maintenance of temporary power supply.
- Decommissioning of site mechanical systems- removal of process gases.
- Removal and disposal of all remaining oils.
- Decommissioning of discharge piping and screen house/intake tunnels.
- Removal and disposal of all universal waste.
Contact us for more detailed information on your
power plant demolition and strip out project.